Wednesday, January 23, 2008

If I could . . .

change one thing about myself, it would be this: I would be more decisive. Seriously, I allow so much time to pass while I weigh the options and process the information. Just ask my sister in law. She took amazing pictures of Elliott 4 weeks ago, and I haven't ordered any yet! The problem there? Usually, I'm hoping for two or three good ones and I order those. With Ria, they are all great and I can't possibly decide which I don't want! Another example - we've been in our "new" house for 18 months and still have the yellow furniture from our old house, which I now hate. But I, of course, can't decide what I'd like to get in it's place. Leather? So expensive - and will it seem cozy and warm? I'm told micro fiber is the way to go by all the sales people, but I think it would drive me crazy because of the marks left any time you touch it. I could go on and on, but I'm sure you've all stopped reading by now anyway. I'm going to make an effort to be more decisive - starting tomorrow!

5 comments:

TBRKO said...

Hi Ann: As a very not clean person, I say go for leather. You can wipe up everything. If your kids play the way mine do, it's excellent.
Not to get gross, but the first time my Kate vomited ALL OVER the couch I was thanking all higher powers for taking the initiative to buy leather. It's much, much easier to deal with that crap than any sort of fabric.

G'ma S said...

Well then..... can you send some of your in-decisiveness my way tommorrow when you make the change...cuz if I could change one (of many) things about myself it would be to not be so impulsive! I can buy a couch in a heartbeat.. and then 3 weeks later think "oops!" not what I really wanted. I picked #44 of Elliott... Doc is going to use it on a marketing brochure for the clinic...he'll be famous in the Chaska area!

gmab said...

I thought I was late in sending you an order for photos so now I feel better and as far as being in-decisveness dont feel bad as inall my years I have never overcome it. Good luck in choosing a couch it took me a long time before I found just the right one. gmabean

Ann said...

Okay, so I thought everyone only checked my blog to see pictures of my kids! I've gotten lots of comments on this - some friends called me about it even! Seems I'm not alone here . . . But seriously, Ria, look for that photo order today! But don't be surprised if it really isn't there until tomorrow. Old habits and all.

MAV06 said...

Sounds like an inherited issue, since Aaron can attest to the decisive dilemma with me, too.
love you!