Sunday, June 8, 2008

my life. . .

An idea borrowed from another blog -- I encourage you to do the same (mostly because I want to read yours)

20 years ago I:
1. was 14 years old - just finished 8th grade at C-LW
2. weighed less than 100 pounds!
3. had a spiral perm (remember those?!)

10 years ago I:
1. Finished my Master's Degree at the U of M
2. Was planning a wedding to my one-and-only
3. Was working at Hick's Concrete - not exactly in my field of study!

5 years ago I:
1. Was pregnant with Miss Jillian
2. Delaney was 1 1/2 years old
3. became a stay-at-home mom

3 years ago I:
1. played golf for the first time -- hard to believe considering who I am married to!
2. started my own little Usborne Books business, long since abandoned!
3. was completely unaware of how easy it was to just have 2 kids!

1 year ago I:
1. getting ready for a trip to Denver with Elliott to visit Vicki and Aaron
2. taking the girls to Bible School all week (starts again tomorrow)
3. breastfeeding (felt like it consumed my entire day!)

So far this year I:
1. celebrated the end of preschool with Jillian -- on her way to Kindergarten
2. celebrated the end of Kindergarten with Delaney -- on her way to school all day, much to her dismay
3. spent a glorious week of vacation with my family in Houston, visiting close friends (still close even after a putting up with us for a week at their house!)

Yesterday I:
1. let Elliott throw rocks in the creek by the farm - not sure throwing rocks was something I should have encouraged. . . watched the girls joyously play "Pooh Sticks." You know -- from Winnie the Pooh -- each tossed a stick into the creek on one side of the road and then ran to the other to see which stick made it through first. You have no idea just how much fun that game can be for a 6 and almost 5 year old!
2. joined in a family celebration for Grandma Anna's 85th birthday and 2nd retirement
3. prayed, cried and somehow laughed through a crisis - Uncle Steve, we give thanks to the Lord that you are safe and well and pray for healing for Faye on the loss of Darby, her horse.

Today I:
1. drove home from the farm on about 4 hours of sleep -- with 3 kids, 2 Pepsis and 1 Grande Starbucks !
2. spent way too much time reading blogs of strangers - addicting
3. will be emmersing myself in a much need soak in the jacuzzi tub!

Tomorrow I:
1. will volunteer in the nursery at VBS -- after 2 cups of coffee and as many tylenol!
2. will not do a single load of laundry and play with my kids all day
3. will conduct interviews to select the MOPS leadership team for next year

In the next year I:
1. will play more and clean less
2. will pray more and worry less
3. will give more and take less

No comments: