Wednesday, March 24, 2010

(extended) Family

When you live hours away from your family, you tend to create your very own extended family. Atleast that's what we have done. I have a few 'sisters' that I know I can reach out to if I ever needed anything, that will support me and encourage me, and that will take time for me and my family as if we were their very own. And I hope that they know I will do the same for them - you know who you are!

One such sister is my friend Megan. Although it has only been a few short years since we met, we are extremely close and our kids are as well (we need to work on the husbands . . . )! If you are a reader of my blog, you'll remember that I was Megan's doula during the birth of her 2nd child and was honored to become his Godmother as well. You might also remember that her 1st child, Emmy, is just 1 day older than Elliott, and we celebrated their birthdays with a trip to the bowling alley. In fact, Elliott and Emmy treat each other as sister and brother - complete with bossing each other around and fighting! But the sweet stuff is there too -- hugs and requests to play together. I could continue to ramble on, but really I just wanted to post a couple of pictures I took of my Godson Patrick when he and his sister were with me this week while Megan was serving as a doula for her cousin's labor and delivery. It was a treat for me to spend time with P & E!







1 comment:

Kruger Kids said...

With those big, beautiful, brown eyes Elliott and Patrick could be brothers!
So cute!!