Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Today . . .

We are all still in our pajamas, even though it is a school day.


All three bathrooms will be cleaned. The dogs will get baths.


No Christmas presents are wrapped, but many have been purchased. I tend to procrastinate and am worried the young pup will chew on them as she tends to chew on everything now.

The young pup will not get anything to eat after 6 tonight. She's having surgery tomorrow and will be greatly spoiled upon return to our home.

The kids are all eating dry Cheerios and drinking gatorade, while watching cartoons.

I am drinking a 2nd cup of coffee and will likely have a 3rd. It's been a long week with little sleep.

I miss my sister.

My eldest informed me yesterday that she wishes her Grandma Charlene would 'visit more often'. So do I.

There are many things I wish I'd stuck with or learned as a kid - piano and sewing to name just 2.

My current crochet project is a good way to avoid all other tasks. It's going slow and I'm not sure I like it, but I will finish it anyway.

I'm grateful for my "sister-friends" who willingly fill-in the role of family. You know who you are and you are much loved!

I've had a baby gift sitting on the office table since October. I will add a Christmas gift for the big sister and finally send it this week. Good thing it was purchased for baby to wear in the spring. Did I mention that I tend to procrastinate?

Usually Elliott and I have a Wednesday post-gymnastics coffee date at Coffee Connection. I'm craving the raspberry white chocolate scone and latte I missed today.

The middle child cried last night when she learned that she wouldn't be going to school today. I discovered it was because she'd be missing out on the ice cream sandwich treat at the end of rehearsal for the church Christmas program. I'll be buying ice cream sandwiches.

The oldest gets very loving while sick with the stomach flu. It's challenging to hold someone who smells so badly that close! But I'm a mom and so I do it anyway.

The youngest has six girlfriends. One is actually a real person, the rest are fictional characters. Well, except Taylor Swift but I'm not sure he realizes that she's real.

4 comments:

Katie Benson said...

LOVE it, all of it. Miss you and hope to see you soon... let's get together when you are all feeling better:)

jen said...

I have been thinking of you & praying for you all to be well!! Hope you're back in the swing of things soon...let me know if you need anything! I will be out & about in the morning! :)

Anonymous said...

Grandma Charlene wishes she visited more often, too. Will have to work on that one.

Anonymous said...

Your sister misses you, too (and has tears flowing down her cheeks as she writes this)

Feel better soon!