Monday, September 3, 2007

The Night Before Kindergarten

Overhead outside the girls bedroom:
(squeak, squeak, squeak)

Delaney: Jillian, what was that noise?

Jillian: That was Boris. I was squeaking his beak!
(squeak, squeak)

Delaney: Stop making that noise! You don't want me to be a crabby girl on my first day of Kindergarten!

Jillian: But Delaney, I need someone to sing me "Up to the Moon" so that I can sleep.

Delaney: I love you up to the moon
I love you big as the sky
I love to watch you when you sleep
I love to hold you when you cry
And someday when you're older
And taller than me
I'll say I watched you grow like a beautiful tree
Cause I love you up to the moon
And I love you big as the sky
I love you up to the moon. . .

1 comment:

MAV06 said...

OK- So did you have to make me cry tonight?! What a precious thing to overhear! I hope she had a wonderful first day of school. I'll give her a call this week.
love,v