Monday, September 8, 2008

A lesson for mommy


Not that I need any more, but this is just another reason that I love my Jillybean! Okay, I know I'm a bad mom -- today I was racing to get home from our morning errands, and knew I was barely going to beat the bus to our house. Well, the bus beat me and because I wasn't home, took Jillian along for the remainder of the route. I called the bus company just to check in, and the nice lady on the phone radioed to the driver. "Auntie Sheila" was enjoying Jillian's company and would drop her off on her way back in -- about 45 minutes later than Jillian usually gets home. Feeling terrible and worrying how this would affect Jillian's feelings about riding the bus from now on, I busied myself with putting away the groceries and playing every kind of ball he could dig out of the garage with Elliott. Finally, after what seemed to me like forever, the bus pulled up to the driveway. Expecting to see tears and hear "mommy where were you?" I walked down the driveway to meet my princess, who came bounding down the steps of the bus and skipping across the street. As she flung herself into my waiting arms, Jillian joyfully told me "mommy, I got to see where all my friends live!!!"
I'll be thinking of this the next time things don't go my way.

2 comments:

G'ma S said...

See? I told you she was the most positive kid I've ever encountered! She's the glass is 1/2 full kinda girl! Kudos to her bus driver for paying attention and making the extra effort to make the best of things.

MAV06 said...

I just love Jillian! She puts everything in the right perspective. If only we could all live life the way she sees it!