Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hot "B"

This summer, Elliott's blanket (or "B" as he calls it) was often left in the car as we went about whatever it was we were doing. Back in the car and buckled in, Elliott would hold out his blanket to me and yell "mama, hot B!" So I'd take it from him and hold it in front of the vent to cool off in the air conditioning. After I tossed it back to my little guy, he'd snuggle it, smile and mummur "cold B. . . "

Imagine my surprise when he brought be his blanket this morning, still in jammies and watching cartoons at home. "Hot B mama." What to do? The air blowing out of the vents is a steady 68 degrees. Solution - tuck it in the freezer for 30 seconds and return it to one happy boy - "ahhh, cold B."

2 comments:

Kruger Kids said...

AAAHHHH! This is SO funny! My brother used to put his blanket (but he called it... and we still do... his "nigh-night") in the freezer too!

One time, I was a really, really mean sister and while it was snuggled nicely in the freezer getting ready for bedtime (he was like 10 years old for pete's sake), I quietly crept into the freezer and poured water on it. It came out an "icicle nigh-night"!!

Elliot has nothing to worry about, he has sweet sisters... but maybe I'll teach them a trick or two for little brothers :)

gmab said...

AGAIN when I hear of Elliott I remember little Ryan and the things he did. So much the same . Miss you all.