Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Their Words!

I've been unable to post for some time due to computer issues! While my old harddrive remains in limbo, I've gotten a new computer and am in the process of getting it up and running. So just a quick catch up today on life from the girls' point of view.

Last Wednesday:

Delaney came home from school and informed me that she had made a new friend. I asked if this friend was in her class or someone she met on the playground.

"He's in my class mom. He said I was pretty."

"Aw, honey, you are pretty!"


To which Delaney simply replied, "I know!"

Sunday morning:

While getting ready for church, the girls were at the sink brushing their teeth and I was working around them, combing their hair, washing their faces, etc. Well, I must have been concentrating because Jillian pointed to my forhead and said something about all my lines! She's been fascinated with them for some time, jealous of them because she can't make them on her little forhead. I've always told her that she's too young, too fresh to have lines.

She leaned in closely to the mirror and raised her eyebrows as high as she could (I was afraid her eyeballs were actually going to pop right out from all the effort). And very, very faintly the slightest hint of a line appeared across the top of her forhead, to which Jillian joyfully exclaimed "Hey mom, I'm not fresh anymore!"

No comments: