Wednesday, December 3, 2008

flashback

I'm going through ALL my pictures, to see what I have and see what I've lost from the Great Computer Crash of '08. I have to admit that I'm enjoying looking back on the milestones of the kids, as well as the everyday moments I managed to capture with my lens. My wish is that I were a better photographer, as well as more motivated to complete the scrapbooks I have started for the girls. Yes, the girls - meaning that poor Elliott doesn't have one yet. It has been purchased and is waiting for me to find the time to begin documenting his life. But that is not the purpose of this reminiscing.

This is Jillian on her 2nd birthday -- a milestone which is coming up quickly for our little guy. Look past all that blonde hair and see how much Elliott resembles his big sister Jillian! He's also inherited some of her spunky personality.
Delaney and Jillian have always loved school. Maybe it started at ECFE - see them at a class they took together. Again, I'm struck but how much Elliott looks like Jillian. And Delaney's blonde hair -- where did that go???

Delaney used to enjoy posing for mom - now, she'll do her best to not look at the camera (not even for her autie Ria). In this picture, she's just over 3 - I think she and Elliott have the same eyes.

We had lots of fun at the Helmke Girls' and Kids Weekend - thanks for the memories Grandma, Cyndi, Michele, Jess & Cain, Amanda & Chloe, and Chey, Brendan and Leia! Swimming 3 times in a 24 hour period, the kids had a blast. Elliott was an expert swimmer (with water wings) and wouldn't let anyone help him!









1 comment:

MAV06 said...

Thanks for the great pictures to look at. You made my evening. Looks like swimming was tons of fun. I can't believe how the girls have grown.
love
v