Monday, February 8, 2010

and the answer is . . .

A PIANO!
Either the photo gave it away, or too many people read my facebook profile about painting before the piano arrived! The girls already began their lessons and are excited! The only problem is figuring out the best way to share - who plays first, etc. Elliott only seems interested in playing it when his sisters are practicing, creating a bit of a struggle. I am enjoying sitting next to them and helping them along -- my knowledge is limited, so that time will not last long!
And in other news, I sold Elliott's toddler bed right out from under him yesterday. I was posting several baby/toddler items on craigslist and decided it was a good time to let that go also. He's been waking up and coming into our bed every (yes EVERY) night. That little bed didn't give him any room to roll around, so we thought a bigger bed might help his sleeping habits. Too bad we didn't have the other bed already! Thank goodness Grandma gave us a couple of single inflatable beds - Elliott cuddled into his 'new bed' last night, tucked into aqua sheets covered in brightly colored flowers. "My new bed is soooo CUTE!" He will not even discuss what color or pattern of sheets and comforter he wants for his big bed -- THIS is his big bed and he wants the blue flower sheets!

4 comments:

Smith Inc. said...

So I have an odd question for you...what color are your walls? Have fun with the piano. Cassidy started lessons in Sept. and was playing us Christmas music in Dec. I loved it!

Ann said...

Not odd! It's called Calico Hill - Pitsburgh Paints from Menards.

What grade is Cassidy in - 3rd? 2nd? I think we timed it just right because they are excited about learning AND having the piano in the middle of everything makes it easy to practice.

MAV06 said...

The piano (and paint job) looks great! I still think you should come here and help me paint... I can't wait to see Elliott's big bed pictures.

Ann said...

Vicki - send me a plane ticket and I'm on my way. 8 is old enough to babysit, right? I want to redo my kitchen and still need to get the master bathroom done - so after we do yours . . .