Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What Do I Do Now?


This never happens! Delaney is at a friend's house, and Elliott and Jillian are sleeping! What do I do? Scrub the kitchen floor that so desperately needs it? Pay the bills? Dust (that might take a while as it's never done)? Sort through the piles and piles of papers that have accumulated from preschool? Clean the fingerprints off the stainless steel appliances? I should probably start pulling all the receipts and papers together to start our taxes! Do I dare attempt to do something I enjoy, like scrapbooking? Oh, I know -- take a leisurely bath with a good book. . . Wait, problem solved! The phone just rang - Delaney's on her way home. And what's that I hear through the monitor? I think my hungry boy is waking up. . . So much for my 15 minutes of time alone!

2 comments:

MAV06 said...

We have that same feeling when all three of our (four-legged) children are resting! hahaha Actually we hope you took advantage of a little time for yourself!! We know we have it much easier - when a little Science Diet and possibly some time in the backyard can give us a break. How cute they are sleeping! We miss you all! Love, A and V

Anonymous said...

Oh girl! You should have taken a 15 minute nap. They will more and more come at a premium for many years to come.

It's so fun to look in here, see the pictures and read a little about what's going on with you all.

Stay warm, hear the weather back there is nasty.

Love you all, CA