Tuesday, September 8, 2009

and so it begins. . .

another year of school! The outfits were selected days in advance, complete with jewelry and their first ever 'dangly' earrings. We prepared for the big event with baths last night followed by manicures in patterns to match their clothes! I'm not sure I even put this much thought and effort into getting ready for the prom!!! The excitement was so great that Jillian spilled her entire bowl of Lucky Charms all over herself and the floor, and Delaney's tummy was so nervous that she could barely eat her breakfast. That's a lot of expectation, I pray the first day is all they want it to be!

Elliott is going to miss his big sisters so much!



Delaney, 2nd grade (7 1/2)


Jillian, 1st grade (6)




5 comments:

gmab said...

I am hoping the girls had a great first day in school. I,m proud to have them as my great grand daughters.

Anonymous said...

Hope the girls had a great first day and that Elliott didn't miss them too much. G/G Steensma

Anonymous said...

Look out Buffalo Bison! Two beauties on their way to great school experiences! G'ma S...

PS - be nice to your bus driver :-)

Katie Benson said...

Anne - the picture of your girls walking down the sidewalk actually brought tears to me eyes thinking about Joel and Grant at those same ages 5 years from now. I know it will go so fast. I hope their first day of school was great.

Katie Benson said...

I just realized I spelled your name wrong in my comment. sorry.