Saturday, September 26, 2009

cousins

Okay, so these adorable little boys aren't technically cousins . . . but they are my best friend's kids and for me, that's close enough. Sara and I have been friends since my Sophomore year at college, when I was still at SDSU but spending many weekends at the U of M with our other good friend Dee. We spent 3 years together as roommates during college (yes, that makes it a 5 year plan for me if you're trying to do the math). Often we joked that we'd get married and buy houses next door to one another. That plan didn't quite work out and we live about 45 minutes apart and don't nearly see eachother often enough in my opinion. It's important to me that our kids are close and we truly do refer to them as cousins. In fact, my kids even call them Auntie Sara and Uncle Derek. This morning they came for some playtime and lunch (and more playtime, imagine that). These 5 little monsters played in every imaginable space we had - every floor, room and the backyard as well. Did I mention that Jillian has plans to marry Jackie? She's been wondering if he's too young for her - she is four years older than him, but since he adores her I think she'll make the exception. Thanks for a great morning Sara, Tyler, and Jack!


Delaney & Jackie

Jillian & Tyler

No comments: